Made with two types of beans, corn, green chili peppers, and a few other south western staples, this Slow Cooker Taco Soup needs to be on your menu this week! It's also freezable which is a wonderful added bonus on busy weeknights!
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 oz. can of chili beans with liquid
- 15 oz. can of kidney beans with liquid
- 15 oz. can of whole kernel corn with liquid
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes, partially drained
- 4 oz. can of diced green chile peppers
- 1.25 oz. package of taco seasoning mix
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Place ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, whole kernel corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Stir and mix until very well blended.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese if desired.
I have served this with Frito chips or tortilla chips. This soup also freezes very well.