Made with staples such as broccoli, potatoes, and a plethora of other vegetables, this Cheesy Broccoli and Vegetable Soup takes comfort food to the next level!
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cans of chicken broth
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. bag of a frozen vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
- 1 lb. bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
Place bags of vegetables, potatoes, onion, and chicken broth in a large stock pot on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan on low heat. Stir in flour until smooth and cook for a few minutes.
Whisk in 2 cups of milk and keep whisking until it thickens, at least 5-8 minutes.
Add the Velveeta and black pepper to mixture and stir until cheese is melted and creamy.
Transfer the cheese over to the cooked vegetables and stir until well combined. Cook for 5-10 more minutes.
This recipe makes a huge pot full, so if you aren't planning on feeding a big crowd, I would recommend cutting the ingredients in half.