I’m Libby…..the author, cook, and photographer behind Cooking With Libby, a site that focuses on sharing simple recipes and practical tips for today’s busy families. I am also a mother to two very active children and understand how busy life can get. Dinner can be the last thing on your mind on most days. Let me show you how easy it is to skip the drive-thru/take out service and start cooking meals in the comfort of your own home, even on those busy days!
What You’ll Find Here:
- Recipes that are anywhere between 5 to 7 ingredients long, have simple steps to follow, and are focused on being delicious and comforting.
- Recipes that come equipped with time saving tips at the bottom of each card.
- Culinary tips and hacks to make cooking just a tad bit easier and less time consuming.
- Suggested menus for holidays and entertaining so you won’t have to worry about planning.
- Real recipes that are taste tested by my crew of loved ones and that use everyday ingredients that can be found in most homes across the country.
I started this site back in 2009 after being an avid reader of other cooking blogs. I figured starting one of my own would be a wonderful way to keep track of my family’s favorite recipes. I was a stay at home mom to my children, then ages 3 and 1. I thought, “what a wonderful way to document their lives, along with our favorite meals.”
As my kids grew in age, so did this blog. What started out as a place to document our family’s four star meals had blossomed into a tool for readers to learn about how easy it was to cook from home. A few years ago, I tapped into the two thing that I knew best, motherhood and cooking. I started thinking about what we, as parents, struggle with on a daily basis in terms of food. The most common question throughout all of the years among my fellow mommy friends has always been, “how can I make easy meals that are also delicious and at the same time, won’t cost an arm and a leg?” An idea went off in my head to answer these very questions on this site.
In August of 2015, I decided to turn this site into an official LLC and I now run it on a full time basis.
How to Reach Me:
Thanks to modern technology, there are plenty of ways to keep in contact with me. You can subscribe via e-mail and have each new recipe/post sent to you daily for free. You can also join me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
I enjoy reading e-mails so if that’s more your style, feel free to drop me a message at: email@example.com
If you are a company or a brand, check out the Work With Me section of the site for information about partnerships.
Still Curious? Here Are a Few More Facts About Me:
- I’m a self-taught home cook, which is the result of countless hours watching my mother cook while growing up.
- I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico with my lovely husband (who is known as Husband Man on the blog), two wonderful children, and our rambunctious little dog, Chelsea.
- I’m an Army brat and also an Air Force Wife.
- I consider myself “Southern-ish.” I was raised all over the east coast and overseas, however, I spent the later part of my childhood in North Carolina. I learned to love the food, the music, and the people. I also married a southern man and spent a decade living in Louisiana (LOVE the food, hate the summers) which has had a huge influence as well.
- I have a few semesters of culinary school under my belt, but still consider myself a ‘home cook’….not a chef.
- I’m allergic to raw apples, raw pears, macadamia nuts, and cashews.
- I have my Bachelors in Social Work but am 100% introverted. Yep…that career was short lived.
- On most nights, you can find me at home with my family, watching whatever tv show we are addicted to at the moment.
My family is my world and my life. Cooking/baking and writing are my passions. I’m one lucky and blessed gal to be able to do what I love and love what I do! I consider my kitchen to be the heart of my home and am glad that I have this opportunity to open mine up and share it with all of you.
From our family to yours, thank you for visiting Cooking With Libby!