Baked Chicken Taquitos
(makes 16 taquitos)
2 cups shredded and cooked chicken
3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup medium salsa
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. onion salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
2 tbsp. chopped green onion
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack)
Small corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the above, stopping at the tortillas. Mix until well combined.
- On a big plate, place a damp paper towel on top. Then, place 3 tortillas…side by side…on top of the damp towel. Place another damp paper on top of the tortillas.
- Heat plate of tortillas up in the microwave, on high for 40 seconds.
- Take about two tablespoons of the chicken filling and place it about an inch away from you across each tortilla. Roll the tortilla up tightly and place, seam side down, on the baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until all the mixture is gone.
- Lightly spray the rolls with cooking spray and sprinkle each one with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls start to brown.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo or salsa.
**Libby’s Notes: If using corn tortillas, it is very important to complete step 3. Failure to do so will result in a cracked tortilla shell.