- 2 cups milk
- 3 cans of chicken broth
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. bag of a frozen vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
- 1 lb. bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Place bags of vegetables, potatoes, onion, and chicken broth in a large stock pot on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on low heat. Stir in flour until smooth and cook for a few minutes.
- Whisk in 2 cups of milk and keep whisking until it thickens, at least 5-8 minutes.
- Add the Velveeta and black pepper to mixture and stir until cheese is melted and creamy.
- Transfer the cheese over to the cooked vegetables and stir until well combined. Cook for 5-10 more minutes.