Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken, green bell pepper, onion, and a few other ingredients are mixed with Italian seasoning and set to stew in your slow cooker for a few hours. Serve this dish with rice, egg noodles, or even mashed potatoes.
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian Seasoning
- 15 and 1/2 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice, egg noodles, or mashed potaotes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded mozzarella cheese for garnish
Place chicken breasts inside the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine the green bell pepper, onion, Italian Seasoning, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, and chicken broth.
Pour over the chicken.
Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
Serve with 2 cups of cooked rice (recipe can be found here), egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. Garnish with mozzarella cheese and use salt/pepper to taste.
Adapted from the magazine: Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Magic, 2008 edition