Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 3 and 1/2 cups small shaped pasta
- 1 cup sun dried tomato dressing
- 1 pkg. of chicken tenders, about 8-10
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. full fat cream cheese
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 leaves fresh basil, chopped chopped
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Heat 3/4 cup of the sun dried tomato dressing in a big skillet on medium heat. Add the chicken tenders. Cook until no longer pink on the inside and light brown on the outside.
Remove the tenders and place on a plate to cool. Set aside. Carefully wipe down the skillet.
Add the remaining 1/4 cup dressing, chicken broth, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir and bring to a slight boil.
Add the cream cheese and whisk until completely melted. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the pasta, parmesan cheese, and chopped basil leaves. Cook until the cheese is melted.
Serve with the chicken tenders on top.
If chicken isn't your thing, you can substitute 1 pound of cooked and deveined medium shrimp.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home: Cooking School Magazine Spring 2010