(makes 5-7 muffins, depending on the size of your muffin pan)
1/2 cup sugar
1 medium or large egg
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl with a fork, mash together shortening and sugar. Add the egg and whisk it all up until smooth.
3. Measure the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg into the bowl. Pour in the milk.
4. Mix the batter with a whisk until it’s smooth.
5. Drop 1/4 cup of batter into lined muffin tins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are light brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let cool. Make the topping while cooling.
Directions for the topping:
1. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Melt 1/4 cup margarine in a separate bowl.
3. Once the muffins are cooled, dip the tops of them inside the butter and then dip them into the cinnamon/sugar mixture…being sure to coat the top.
4. Serve warm.
**Libby’s Notes: You can use just about any topping they have for doughnuts..melted chocolate with sprinkles, maple frosting, a glazed frosting, cinnamon/sugar combo, etc. The possibilities really are endless.**
Meal Planning Has Never Been Easier!
Sign up to receive your FREE 7 Day Easy Meal Plan today!