Made with milk, spices such as cardamon, ginger, and black tea, this recipe for Easy and Spiced Up Pumpkin Chai Lattes will have you skipping the coffee shop and opting for a more homemade beverage instead!
Pumpkin season is in full effect! And yes, this includes the famous PSL (otherwise known as the almighty Pumpkin Spice Latte). Now I enjoy a visit to my local coffee shop just like the next person, however, I have also discovered that if you aren’t careful, those coffee trips can add up in terms of money AND calories! While I do agree that nothing can take the place of the original PSL, I am also a huge advocate for trying to make them at home. If you aren’t a fan of coffee in your drinks, then this hot beverage is for you! This recipe gives you the spiciness of chai tea mixed in with a few tablespoons of pumpkin puree. Believe me when I say it is nothing short of divine!
- In a medium pot over low heat, heat up the milk.
- Stir in the ground cloves, ground ginger, vanilla extract, sugar, and pumpkin puree'.
- Place the cinnamon sticks or 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon on top.
- Stir in the ground cardamom.
- Place the tea bags on top.
- Switch the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and ground cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from the cookbook, Make It Fast, Cook It Slow by Stephanie O'Dea