These Easy Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs are not only super simple to make, but taste like a little bit of heaven every time you bite into them. It’s the almond extract that makes them yummy!
I’m back in the kitchen y’all! And let me just say…it feels wonderful to be back! I came across this recipe for sugar cookie cut outs around Christmas time of last year. I made them once to test out the recipe. Then made them again when my sister and her family came over for a visit.
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup and 1/4 sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Colored sugar and other sprinkles for decorating
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, around 2 minutes. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Divide the dough in half and place each half in a plastic bag. Place the plastic bags in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take dough out and roll them between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Cut dough into shapes, about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer cut outs to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with colored sugars and decorations.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a baking rack until they are cooled completely. Cookies should look a little under baked when pulled out of the oven. They will firm up over time.