- How to slice specific fresh fruit
- How to stir and mix ingredients
- How to shape and mold cookie dough into a crust
- How to use a pastry brush to glaze the fruit
For those who are not aware, I am a part time culinary instructor for a children’s cooking program here in town. Coming across new recipes to make with these little chefs are one of my favorite things (among others) that I enjoy about this job.
- 16.5 oz. package of refrigerated cookie dough
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, lemon, orange, etc…)
- Fresh blueberries, sliced kiwi, and sliced strawberries (or any other fresh fruit)
- 1/2 cup apricot/peach preserves
- 1 tbsp. water
- All purpose flour to help with the cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 inch pizza pan with fitted parchment paper.
- Take a little bit over half of your cookie dough and place it on top of the parchment paper.
- Shape and mold the cookie dough to form a crust (sprinkle some all purpose flour on top of the dough to prevent stickiness).
- Bake crust in the oven for 12 minutes or until light brown.
- Let crust cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled crust.
- Place fresh fruit on top of the cream cheese.
- In another small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of apricot/peach preserves with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Microwave preserves on high for around 30 seconds. Stir until well combined.
- Brush preserves onto the fruit to prevent browning.
- Refrigerate pizza until ready to serve.