- How to slice specific fresh fruit
- How to stir and mix ingredients
- How to shape and mold cookie dough into a crust
- How to use a pastry brush to glaze the fruit
For those who are not aware, I am a part time culinary instructor for a children’s cooking program here in town. Coming across new recipes to make with these little chefs are one of my favorite things (among others) that I enjoy about this job.
Fruit Pizza Delight
Serving Size: 1 piece
- 16.5 oz. package of refrigerated cookie dough
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, lemon, orange, etc…)
- Fresh blueberries, sliced kiwi, and sliced strawberries (or any other fresh fruit)
- 1/2 cup apricot/peach preserves
- 1 tbsp. water
- All purpose flour to help with the cookie dough
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line a 12 inch pizza pan with fitted parchment paper.
Take a little bit over half of your cookie dough and place it on top of the parchment paper.
Shape and mold the cookie dough to form a crust (sprinkle some all purpose flour on top of the dough to prevent stickiness).
Bake crust in the oven for 12 minutes or until light brown.
Let crust cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
While crust is cooling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled crust.
Place fresh fruit on top of the cream cheese.
In another small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of apricot/peach preserves with 1 tablespoon of water.
Microwave preserves on high for around 30 seconds. Stir until well combined.
Brush preserves onto the fruit to prevent browning.
Refrigerate pizza until ready to serve.
Original recipe can be found here.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!