Made with two types of beans, corn, green chili peppers, and a few other south western staples, this Slow Cooker Taco Soup needs to be on your menu this week! It's also freezable which is a wonderful added bonus on busy weeknights!
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 oz. can of chili beans with liquid
- 15 oz. can of kidney beans with liquid
- 15 oz. can of whole kernel corn with liquid
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes, partially drained
- 4 oz. can of diced green chile peppers
- 1.25 oz. package of taco seasoning mix
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Place ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, whole kernel corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Stir and mix until very well blended.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese if desired.
I have served this with Frito chips or tortilla chips. This soup also freezes very well.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!