Hi! I’m Libby…..
a food & recipe blogger who is dedicated to teaching busy families the art of making delicious and healthy recipes in the comfort of their own kitchen. Over the past 8 years, I have helped others realize the benefits that come along with cooking at home and the wonderful impact it can have on their lifestyle. You don’t have to be a professional to cook family-friendly meals for your loved ones. I’m here to prove it to you.
This Site Is a Perfect Fit if You:
- Are a busy parent that hears “mom, what’s for dinner?” almost every night and break out into an anxiety attack (true story over here!).
- Are in a cooking rut and are looking for healthier, family-friendly recipe options.
- Are looking for new recipes to spruce up your current meal plans.
- Are just plain tired at the end of the day and need an easier path towards dinner time.
What You’ll Find Here:
- A full index of recipes that include time saving tips at the bottom, simple steps to follow, and have family memories attached to them so you feel a connection when you make them.
- 7 Ingredients or Less Section, consisting of recipes that are less than 7 ingredients (not including water and optional ingredients).
- Slow Cooker Section, a show case of our family’s favorite slow cooker recipes which have been tried and tested.
- Skillet Meals Section, a collection of quick and easy meals requiring only one skillet to make.
- Meal Planning Section, to guide you through planning your family’s favorite meals on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis.
What Others Are Saying:
I love the shredded chicken recipe! I make several batches at a time so I can come home from work and have dinner ready in a short time. Very good for chicken and noodles or on a salad. Love all the recipes I have tried.
~Mary Osborn (Simple and Easy Make Ahead Shredded Chicken)
Interesting Facts About Me:
- I have a Bachelors in Social Work, however, that career was short lived due to my popular introverted personality.
- I made it through a semester and a half of culinary school before I realized that everything they were teaching did not represent how most busy families in America cook. Needless to say, I left the program and never looked back.
- I have two amazing children and an awesome supportive husband. We’ve been married for 16 years and live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- I’m a retired military wife (Air Force) and a military brat (Army).
- Growing up, I wanted to be a famous singer. People who knew me back then still cannot believe I have a family of my own now.
- I have written food articles for national magazines such as Military Spouse Magazine and was a food columnist for a few local publications at each base we were stationed at.
- If my kitchen isn’t organized and clean, I cannot cook a meal. I kid you not.
- In November 2018, I was diagnosed with Non-Aggressive Stage 2 Breast Cancer. It changed my life. You can read about my journey here: My Cancer-Kicking Diary
About Cooking With Libby:
Started back in 2009, Cooking With Libby was a place for me to document our family’s favorite recipes and share them with other family members and friends who lived far away. Due to us being military, it also served as a way to keep everyone up to date with what was going on with us as a family. It was an online scrapbook of sorts, chronicling the ups and downs of our lives with a recipe to go along with each post.
As my children grew in age, so did this site. Unbeknownst to me, others from all around the world were tuning in and reading the posts as well. What started out as a place to document our family’s growing recipe collection and memories had blossomed into a tool for readers to learn how easy it was to cook from home.
I quickly figured out that the combination of the four things that I love (cooking, baking, writing, and family) can be extremely helpful to those who may need assistance in the kitchen.
In August of 2015, after 6 years of being live on the internet, I decided to turn this site into an official LLC and I now run it on a part time basis.
Staying In Touch:
There are plenty of ways to keep in contact with me. You can subscribe via e-mail where you will receive my weekly/monthly newsletter and a free download of my Top 5 Secrets to Mastering Dinner on Busy Weeknights. You can also join me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
I also enjoy reading personal e-mails so if that’s more your style, feel free to drop me a message at: [email protected]
If you are a company/brand or if you are looking for help with your own blog, check out the Work With Me section of the site for information about partnerships.
Thank you for visiting Cooking With Libby!