Hi! I’m Libby…..
a veteran food blogger who is dedicated to teaching busy families the art of making delicious recipes at home and implementing them into sustainable family meal plans.
Over the past 8 years, I have helped others realize the benefits that come along with cooking at home and the wonderful outcome meal planning can have on their lives. House guests always inquire about that little piece of paper that is wedged between magnets on our refrigerator. When I tell them it’s our weekly meal plan, they tend to look at me as if to ask, “can you tell me more?” This blog will help answer this question, plus more!
This Site Is a Perfect Fit if You:
- Are a busy parent that hears “mom, what’s for dinner?” almost every night and break out into an anxiety attack (true story over here!).
- Are trying to chop your grocery bill down to a certain amount.
- Are looking for new ways to spruce up your current way of meal planning.
- Are looking for family friendly recipes to place on your current plan.
- Are just plain tired at the end of the day and need an easier path towards dinner time.
What You’ll Find Here:
- Already-made meal plans which include a time table and grocery list so you won’t have stress over what to make for dinner.
- Information and tips on how to stay motivated through your meal planning journey and how to include a variety of different recipes to spice your plans up.
- A full index of recipes that include time saving tips at the bottom, simple steps to follow, and have family memories attached to them so you feel a connection when you make them. Most of the recipes have 7 ingredients or less and/or are comfort style based.
- A section of quick Tasty-style cooking videos to give you a visualization of how certain recipes are created.
What Others Are Saying:
I love the shredded chicken recipe! I make several batches at a time so I can come home from work and have dinner ready in a short time. Very good for chicken and noodles or on a salad. Love all the recipes I have tried.
~Mary Osborn (Simple and Easy Make Ahead Shredded Chicken)
Fun Facts About Me:
- I have a Bachelors in Social Work, however, that career was short lived due to my popular introverted personality.
- I made it through a semester and a half of culinary school before I realized that everything they were teaching did not represent how most busy families in America cook. Needless to say, I left the program and never looked back.
- I have two amazing children and an awesome supportive husband. We’ve been married for 16 years and live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- I’m a retired military wife (Air Force) and a military brat (Army).
- Growing up, I wanted to be a famous singer. People who knew me back then still cannot believe I have a family of my own now.
- I have written food articles for national magazines such as Military Spouse Magazine and was a food columnist for a few local publications at each base we were stationed at.
- If my kitchen isn’t organized, I cannot cook a meal. I kid you not.
About Cooking With Libby:
Started back in 2009, Cooking With Libby was a place for me to document our family’s favorite recipes and share them with other family members and friends who lived far away. Due to us being military, it also served as a way to keep everyone up to date with what was going on with us as a family. It was an online scrapbook of sorts, chronicling the ups and downs of our lives with a recipe to go along with each post.
As my children grew in age, so did this site. Unbeknownst to me, others from all around the world were tuning in and reading the posts as well. What started out as a place to document our family’s growing recipe collection and memories had blossomed into a tool for readers to learn how easy it was to cook from home.
I quickly figured out that the combination of the four things that I love (cooking, baking, writing, and family) can be extremely helpful to those who may need assistance in the kitchen.
In August of 2015, after 6 years of being live on the internet, I decided to turn this site into an official LLC and I now run it on a part time basis.
Staying In Touch:
There are plenty of ways to keep in contact with me. You can subscribe via e-mail where you will receive my weekly/monthly newsletter and a free download of my 7 Day Easy Meal Plan. You can also join me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
I also enjoy reading personal e-mails so if that’s more your style, feel free to drop me a message at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a company/brand or if you are looking for help with your own blog, check out the Work With Me section of the site for information about partnerships.
Thank you for visiting Cooking With Libby!
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!