Baked Zucchini Fries
This blog is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Read my full disclosure.
Ever wonder what else you can do with all that zucchini just sitting in your fridge?? I have had this same question pop up time and time again this year.
Which is why when I came across this recipe a few weeks ago over on Pinterest, I had to try it!
I don’t know about y’all, but we LOVE homemade fries over here. We highly prefer those any day over the packaged frozen ones you can buy in the stores. We have tried making them with a regular ole’ potato and with sweet potatoes.
Now we can add zucchini to our list 😉
These turned out VERY well and are soooo addicting to eat! You can’t just eat one. They are crispy and crunchy out the outside..and firm but soft on the inside.
We had ours with ranch dressing, however, you can eat them with marinara sauce or just eat em’ plain.
What a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies too!
Try em out and see for yourself 😉
Baked Zucchini Fries
(one zucchini makes 10-12 fries)
1 medium zucchini, sliced into skinny sticks
2 large eggs, beaten
3 heaping Tbsp. of flour
1 cup bread crumbs (we used Panko)
4 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. We placed tin foil over a baking sheet and sprayed it. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, beat eggs with fork until well mixed.
3. In another bowl, place the flour.
4. In a third bowl, place your bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Mix till well combined.
5. Dip the zucchini sticks into the flour, then eggs, and then into the bread crumbs, making sure to coat all the sides well. Place on prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the outside is golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve with Ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or just plain.
Recipe Source: Adapted from the blog, The Comfort of Cooking. Original recipe HERE.
I make these all the time. My family really likes them, rare to get them all to agree 🙂
Oh I agree Carey 🙂
This looks like a much better alternative to frying…wish I had some zucchini now!
It is a much better alternative 🙂 I can't believe how well they turned out too 🙂
Your fries look so tasty! What a great way to get veggies in the kids huh? I recently shared a similar recipe too and it's soooo good.
It is VERY good 🙂 It is a wonderful to sneak those veggies in to your kids (or grandkids) 😉
LOVE zucchini fries, these look great!
Thanks teresa 🙂 They were really good!