- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 2 eggs at room temp
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 and 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 Tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with liners.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, bananas, and almond flavoring. Beat until well mixed.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and chopped pecans in a medium bowl.
- Alternate mixing in the dry ingredients with the 4 Tablespoons of sour cream into the banana mixture.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Make these ahead of time and place in the freezer. To freeze, wait until the muffins cool. Wrap each muffin in saran wrap. Place them in a gallon sized zip lock bag and label. You do not have to take the muffin liners off. To defrost, take muffins out of the bag and place on the counter until they reach room temperature. They can stay frozen up to 3 to 4 months.