Made with coconut, oats, and chocolate chips, these Cowboy Cookies will be on everyone’s mind this season!
Did I ever mention that I used to work in a bakery? Well….I did.
- 1 cup flaked, sweetened, coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place coconut and pecans on a baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes until toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add this to the creamed mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.
- Spoon dough into a 1/8 measuring cup, then take it out and form into a ball.
- Place balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until top of cookies turn light brown.