Despite their appearance in the pictures, I assure you that they are very appetizing. The glaze is a combination of orange, brown sugar, and cinnamon that will tantalize your taste buds. The aroma if the carrots simmering will be a reminder that fall is definitely here. My kids aren’t carrot fans so they didn’t want to try them, however, Husband Man and I both LOVED them.
We hope they will be added to your favorites file soon!
- 32 oz. package of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Dried parsley for garnish (optional)
- Except for the cornstarch and water, combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain carrots (save the liquid in the slow cooker) and place in a serving dish.
- Take the reserved liquid and place in a small saucepan. Add the cornstarch and water.
- Whisk over medium heat until it starts to boil. Keep whisking until it starts to thicken.
- Pour over carrots.
- Garnish with dried parsley. Serve.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!