Healthier than the canned version, this Quick and Easy Peach Pie Filling will have you making peachy desserts in under 30 minutes! You can use frozen peaches, as well as fresh ones.
If someone were to have explained many years ago how quick and easy it would be to make homemade peach pie filling, the environment would have been saved one aluminum can at a time.
Originally consisting of only 5 ingredients, I took the liberty of adding a few spices into the mix. Therefore, bringing out a woodsy and comforting taste.
It’s note worthy to also mention that the filling can be used in cobbler recipes, dessert bar recipes, and of course, pie recipes. You can even serve it plain, topped with our recipe for homemade whipped cream.
Don’t let summer end without trying this quick and easy dessert! Your tummy will thank you for it 😉
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the water, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook until thickened and bubbly, for around 5 minutes.
- Cook for another 3 minutes once it becomes bubbly, making sure to stir consistently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and cinnamon.
- Add the peaches and mix until everything is well combined.
- Make sure to cool the filling to room temperature then use right away or store in the refrigerator for a few days.
If using fresh peaches, you can peel, pit, and chop them at least a day ahead of time. They will keep well in the fridge overnight. More Notes:
According to the original author, this recipe is not suitable for canning due to the cornstarch. Recipe Source: Adapted from the food blog, Chocolate Moosey.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!