Made with chicken breasts, green/red bell peppers, onions, and a secret sauce by McCormick, this Slow Cooker Sicilian Chicken is a quick and easy way to wrap up the day.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I received monetary compensation from McCormick and Wal-Mart. All opinions stated in this post are my own.
McCormick Spices came to me last month and asked if I would be willing to test out and try their new line of skillet sauces. I said yes, of course! I mean, who wouldn’t? It’s McCormick!!! They are the big man on campus when it comes to spices!
You can find these cute little skillet sauces at your local Wal-Mart for only $1.68 each. They are located in the spices & sauce aisle. I ended up purchasing two each of the Taco, Sicilian Chicken, and Sesame Chicken Stir Fry.
We tried the Taco Skillet Sauce and loved it, but the recipe I used with it was not blog worthy. After this realization, I was brainstorming with Husband Man about how to use the rest of the Skillet Sauces. He suggested to turn one of them into a slow cooker recipe. We looked at the back of the Sicilian Chicken package and were shocked to find an actual slow cooker recipe for it!
We figured it was “meant to be” so I went to town on cooking it.
This recipe actually has fresh bell peppers, mushrooms (we used canned, but you definitely can use fresh if you prefer), and onions. It’s so simple!!! You just place your chicken breasts in the slow cooker, place your veggies on top, place your skillet sauce on top, stir the sauce around some to make sure it coats the chicken and veggies…then cook on low for 7 hours!
The mixture of the tomato, basil, and garlic is the perfect compliment to the fresh vegetables! Easy, delicious, and sooooo very comforting! It was the perfect recipe to kick off Slow Cooker Monday!
Oh…and an added bonus…because it cooks all day, it will make your house smell ridiculously yummy! So yes, take yourselves to Wal-Mart and find these wonderful Skillet Sauces and prepare to wow your family. They are that good!
For more information and recipes go to:
Serves: 4 to 5 people
Calories Per Serving: 483
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 green or red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh or canned mushrooms
- 2 9 oz. packages of McCormick's Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Place chicken inside slow cooker.
- Place the chopped vegetables and mushrooms on top of the chicken.
- Spread the contest of McCormick's Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce packages over the vegetables and chicken, making sure to coat the top.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Recipe Source: From the back of the package of McCormick's Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce