Made with ingredients such as fresh rosemary, lemon slices, and garlic, this Savory Slow Cooker Rosemary Lemon Chicken will be the easiest AND tastiest meal you will make all week!
Disclosure: This post was originally published on Sweet Tea and Saving Grace.
This Savory Slow Cooker Rosemary Lemon Chicken is not only easy to make, but tastes wonderful as well! It melds the flavors of garlic, rosemary, and lemon into one knocked out savory dish.
The original recipe came from an Italian Slow Cooker cookbook that Husband Man gifted to me many years ago. Husbands can be thoughtful when they want to be.
I remember mentioning to him that my previous slow cooker wasn’t working the way it should. I was very frustrated with it due to trying multiple recipes only to have them fail. He took it upon himself to purchase a new slow cooker (which is still the one I use presently) AND purchase a new cookbook for me as well.
Savory Slow Cooker Rosemary Lemon Chicken
The original recipe for this chicken only had three ingredients, however, I took the liberty of adding a few more. Besides rosemary, lemon, and garlic, it also contains the basics such as salt, pepper. I also like to rub the chicken down with extra virgin olive oil before it’s placed in the slow cooker. The combination of all of these ingredients work together to give this chicken a natural, robust flavor. It’s a friendship in the food world that seems meant to be!
This recipe is wonderful for the days when you’re so busy that you can’t remember where you placed your car keys or your wallet. The effort taken to produce it is minimal. Plus, who can complain when you have the slow cooker doing all the work? It’s what we dream about as busy parents right? Someone to take over making dinner for us 🙂
Looking for a side dish to go with this Rosemary Lemon Chicken?
Then check out my recipe for Roasted Vegetable Medley (pictured with the chicken in the post). It’s the perfect pairing for this dish!
- 4 to 5 pound whole chicken
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 60 grinds of black peppercorn
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs (3 inches in length)
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 slices of lemon
- Remove the neck and internal giblets from the chicken and trim any fat. Wash the chicken carefully, pat dry, and place it inside the slow cooker insert.
- Combine the kosher salt and black peppercorn in a small bowl.
- Thoroughly rub the olive oil onto the surface of the whole chicken (including the bottom), followed by rubbing the salt and pepper mixture as well.
- Place the minced garlic, rosemary sprigs, and the lemon slices inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on low for 5 and ½ to 6 hours or until chicken is tender and reads at 165 degrees.