- 3 eggs
- 2 to 3 tbsp. mayonnaise, or more depending on your preference
- A couple of pinches of the following:
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1/2 cup medium sized pitted olives
- Bring a pot filled half way with water to a boil. Once boiling, drop the eggs, carefully one by one, into the boiling water with a slotted spoon. Make sure there is enough water in the pot to cover the tops of the eggs. Add more if there isn't. Boil for one minute. After that minute, turn the heat off, place a lid over the pot, and let the eggs sit for 15 minutes. The heat and steam from the pot will cook the egg to perfection.
- After the 15 minutes is up, place the eggs in a bowl. Shock them with cold water and let them sit for about 8 minutes to cool down.
- Once cooled, start peeling them.
- After they are all peeled, cut them in half length wise.
- Take each half of the egg and carefully remove the yolk. Place all the yolks in a bowl.
- Mash all the yolks with a fork until crumbly. Place the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and garlic powder inside the bowl. Stir all together until nice and smooth, making sure all the seasonings are well blended.
- Fill each egg with the yolk mixture. Some people like to fill a plastic bag up with the mixture and cut the tip off the end to help fill it. I just use a plain ole' spoon.
- Take an olive and cut it down the middle. Take one half and place it on the top of one egg. Take the other olive half, cut them into legs, and place them on top of the egg. Repeat this process until all the eggs are topped with spiders. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.