These Cheesy Breakfast Pull-Aparts are amazingly simple to make and unbelievably delicious. They have a backstory behind them, like most recipes do. I discovered it when we first moved to New Mexico. Killing time on Pinterest became my hobby in between unpacking boxes and finding new places for our household goods.
My mornings were spent getting the children ready for school, dropping them off, then coming home to an unending pathway of unpacked boxes. I needed something quick to make for breakfast. Something that didn’t take an hour to make and dirty up a thousand dishes.
I’m the queen of collecting simple recipes. When I found this one, I knew I stumbled upon a hidden gem. They filled the walls of our new-to-us military home while they baked. Every time we make these, I am reminded of all of the mornings we spent sitting around our table, giggling and laughing about how we wanted our day to start.
Cheesy Breakfast Pull-Aparts
The method to make these is quite easy:
- Fry and prepare your bacon.
- Place the biscuit pull-aparts in a greased baking dish.
- Top with the bacon and all of the cheesy ingredients.
- Bake and eat!
Not a fan of bacon? Try these alternatives instead:
- Chopped ham
- Vegetables saute’d in olive oil
- Crumbled and cooked sausage
- Different types of cheese
Are you ready to make these Cheesy Breakfast Pull-Aparts?
Good! Because I’m getting ready to share the recipe with you 🙂 Also, keep in mind that the flaky type of biscuits are not recommended for this recipe. You want to make sure you purchase the non-flaky biscuits such as buttermilk.
Have fun with it and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 8 count Refrigerated biscuit dough or use your own recipe (not the flaky kind)
- 6 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled (or crumbled cooked sausage OR chopped up veggies)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if using a homemade biscuit recipe, preheat it to what the recipe states).
- Brush the melted butter into a baking pan.
- Unroll biscuits from can and place onto bottom of the pan. Top with slices of mozzarella, bacon/sausage/veggies, and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or however long the recipe states to bake...making sure the cheese is melted and the biscuits are cooked through.