These Cinnamon Brown Sugar Blondies are the PERFECT way to usher in the autumn season! Your home will be blessed with the sweet smells of fall as they bake up in the oven!
A little factoid about myself: I have a baby brother. He’s a bit younger then me…10 years younger as a matter of fact.
The age difference between us made it difficult to relate to one another when we were growing up, but that didn’t stop him from being protective of me through the years.
I was in middle school and he was starting preschool. I was in high school and he was starting elementary school. He was only 16 when Husband Man and I tied the knot. Crazy huh?
He is now a solider in the Army and has a family of his own. Which is crazy for me to digest because I have always just known him as my baby brother. This dessert comes to us via his wife.
She gave this recipe to me two years ago in a text message, and like most of the recipes that family and friends tend to give me, it stayed in my files for a long time. She told me that it came from a co-worker of hers.
However, since I do not know this co-worker, I’ve just deemed them as her recipe.
The first time I made these Cinnamon Brown Sugar Blondies, the entire pan disappeared in a total of a day and a half.
I decided to test the bars out during my son’s Kindergarten graduation party and my daughter’s Halloween party at school. At both events, they disappeared within a few hours. Needless to say, these are now my go-to dessert for any social occasion I decide to attend.
These bars a combination of cinnamon and brown sugar, mixed with other ingredients such as flour, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Baking these in your oven will make your house smell literally like the autumn season.
They make wonderful treats for those who prefer their desserts on the ‘lighter’ side. Lighter meaning in texture, not ingredients.
Recommended Cookware/Bakeware For This Recipe:
- 2 cups all purpose flour (plus another 2/3 cup)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Ingredients for the topping:
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sift 2 and 2/3 cup flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir the flour mixture into the mixing bowl, making sure everything is well combined.
- Spread evenly into the 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients (cinnamon and sugar).
- Sprinkle the mix on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center and around the edges comes out clean. Let cool and serve.