Only a few ingredients are needed to make this classic recipe. Once you see how easy it is to produce your own, you may never want to go back to purchasing the store bought kind!
There are many pleasures in life. This recipe can be considered one of them.
Growing up, my parents always purchased the premade whipped cream. It was all I ever knew…until now. When my family and I discovered this recipe, we never went back to the store bought kind.
It’s gotten to the point where if I see a dessert or dish that calls for a container of whipped cream, I substitute it with this recipe.
This site is about simple, delicious, and comforting recipes and this concoction definitely fits the tagline. It’s super easy to make. If it wasn’t, I would probably still resort to the premade kind.
All you need are three ingredients: heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
Yes. It’s that simple.
Whip the heavy cream and sugar until it starts to thicken, then add in your extract. Keep whipping until soft peaks form.
It is recommended that placing the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes will speed up the whipping process. That’s an easy task though 🙂
I have read about adding plenty of different ingredients to the mix such as almond extract, orange extract, cinnamon, coffee, etc.
Oh the possibilities!
As I find different flavor mixtures, I plan on adding them to this post so keep checking back!
Serves: 2 cups
Calories Per Serving: 956
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. granulated white sugar (OR 1/3 cup of powdered sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or other flavoring of choice
- Place mixing bowl and wire whisk attachment in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Place whipping cream and sugar inside chilled mixing bowl.
- Whip for a minute and a half on medium speed.
- Add in the extract and whip for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until soft peaks start to form.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Recipe Source: Original recipe can be found HERE.