- How to measure ingredients with measuring cups and spoons
- How to flatten biscuits
- How to roll ingredients into biscuits
- How to utilize a microwave to melt butter
- How to keep track of cooking time
This recipe has been a HUGE hit among the children in my culinary classes. It was such a hit, in fact, that they requested to stay an extra 15 minutes after class was over to make more of them!
- 1 can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, 10 count (NOT the flaky kind)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 10 large marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with Crisco or spray copiously with cooking spray.
- Place the stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute, or until completely melted.
- In another small bowl, mix the granulated sugar with the ground cinnamon.
- Flatten one biscuit then place the biscuit inside the bowl with the melted butter. Cover both sides of the biscuit with the butter.
- Move the biscuit into the bowl with the cinnamon and sugar. Cover each side with the mixture.
- Place the biscuit on a plate and place one large marshmallow on top.
- Roll or gather the edges of the biscuit to cover the marshmallow, making sure to seal the edges together.
- Place roll open side down inside the muffin tin.
- Repeat steps 5-9 until all the biscuits are rolled.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until rolls are puffy and set. (Let the kids keep track of the time)