- How to measure ingredients with measuring cups and spoons
- How to flatten biscuits
- How to roll ingredients into biscuits
- How to utilize a microwave to melt butter
- How to keep track of cooking time
This recipe has been a HUGE hit among the children in my culinary classes. It was such a hit, in fact, that they requested to stay an extra 15 minutes after class was over to make more of them!
- 1 can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, 10 count (NOT the flaky kind)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 10 large marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with Crisco or spray copiously with cooking spray.
- Place the stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute, or until completely melted.
- In another small bowl, mix the granulated sugar with the ground cinnamon.
- Flatten one biscuit then place the biscuit inside the bowl with the melted butter. Cover both sides of the biscuit with the butter.
- Move the biscuit into the bowl with the cinnamon and sugar. Cover each side with the mixture.
- Place the biscuit on a plate and place one large marshmallow on top.
- Roll or gather the edges of the biscuit to cover the marshmallow, making sure to seal the edges together.
- Place roll open side down inside the muffin tin.
- Repeat steps 5-9 until all the biscuits are rolled.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until rolls are puffy and set. (Let the kids keep track of the time)
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!