These Chocolate Muddy Buddies are made with peanut butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and powdered sugar. They are a sweet snack that will be enjoyed by everyone.
If you are looking for an easy snack to make for your family, you have come to the right page!
These Chocolate Muddy Buddies have been referred to by many names over the years…Puppy Chow, Monkey Munch, Moosetracks, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chex Mix, etc.
No matter what you may call them, they are guaranteed to make an appearance on your family’s favorite list this year!
I used to make these for playdates and school treats back when my children were in preschool. This recipe can feed at least 20 kids, maybe more.
These are also great to make during the holidays. If your child (or grandchild) has a Christmas party, making these and placing them in little holiday baggies is a wonderful idea.
You can take the easy way out and purchase the already made mix at the store, however, making it from scratch just makes it taste better! Don’t cha think? One more thing about this recipe….it’s crazy simple!
What ingredients are needed to make these chocolate muddy buddies?
This recipe contains six ingredients. Only six!
- Cinnamon or plain Chex
- Peanut Butter
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
How to make this delicious snack:
Just heat up you chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract in the microwave and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Then cool on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
It’s so easy to make that you can see why it is was so popular among the mothers in our playgroup.
Plus, who doesn’t enjoy the merriment of chocolate and peanut butter?
Looking for another delicious chocolate and peanut butter dessert? Then check out these No Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bars!
- 12 ounce box of Cinnamon or Regular Chex Cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Place the entire box of cereal in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, place the chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and unsalted butter. Microwave the chocolate mixture on high for 30 seconds. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave for 20 more seconds. Stir until mixture is smooth and everything is melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal. Take your hands and mix the cereal with the chocolate, making sure to coat all of the cereal. The chocolate will start to harden.
- Dump the 2 cups of powdered sugar in the bowl and continuing mixing with your hands.
- Spread the mix onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and let it cool to room temperature (about 2 hours).
- Store in an air tight container or a gallon sized zip lock bag and place in the fridge.