Made with gingersnaps, cinnamon, and molasses, these Gingerbread Cheesecake Treats will be a big hit at your next holiday meal!
Christmas time is fastly approaching. We have our tree up, have the house decorated, and are *almost* finished with the majority of our gift shopping. The traditions of the season are quickly approaching as well. Our kids are patiently waiting for “Casey,” their “Elf on the Shelf” to appear. Mommy and daddy told them that he will probably be late again this year, like he was last year, due to the HUGE amount of help that he must give to Santa. They understood. But still…they wait patiently.
If only adults can be as patient huh?
I had to practice patience with this recipe. Mainly because once they came out of the oven, it was very hard to NOT gobble one up. I decided to take the recipe from these Mini-Cherry Cheesecake Treats and turn it into a Christmas-like dessert. What I found out was that molasses and ginger work so well together. So well in fact, that I just may have to start incorporating them into more desserts from here on out.
If you plan on making these for your holiday meal, make them a few days in advance (minus the whipped cream) and store them in the refrigerator. When it’s time to serve, just whip up the whipped cream and hand them out. I know. A yummy dessert that can also be made in advance? Brilliant right? Honestly that’s one of the parts I love about this recipe. You can chop off at least an hour or two of cooking time by making them in advance. LOVE it! And hopefully you will too 😉
For the crust:
- 38 gingersnap cookies crushed to resemble crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
For the filling:
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed gingersnap cookies with the ¼ cup of butter. Stir until all of the crumbs are coated with the butter.
- Place 1 and ½ tablespoons of the gingersnap mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the ground cinnamon, ground ginger, molasses, vanilla extract, and 2 eggs.
- Pour ¼ cup of the cream cheese mixture over the gingersnap layer inside the liners.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in each liner comes out clean.
- Let them cool.
- For the topping, on medium high, beat the whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and ginger until stiff peaks form (around 5-8 minutes).
- Top cheesecakes with whipped cream and garnish with ground cinnamon if desired.