This delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese bread is not only made with the spices of fall, but also contains swirls of cream cheese filling.
Say hello to fall with this delicious pumpkin cream cheese bread. This lovely treat is made with pumpkin puree‘, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
It doesn’t stop there! Surprise swirls of cream cheese filling engulf the middle of the loaf, making this one awesome recipe you’ll want to add to your collection!
This bread originally made an appearance back in 2009 on the site. I’ve been revamping older posts and figured this one was worth a re-do. To be honest, we haven’t made this bread in quite some time. After dusting it off and making it this week for the site, I’ve come to regret that.
When it comes out of the oven after baking, the aroma of fall not only fills your senses, it also makes you want to try a piece straight off the bat. Do not pay attention to how hot it is right after baking, you should take your first bite of it as soon as you can (just be careful not to burn yourself).
Upon tasting, you’re going to find that the pieces will melt in your mouth due to how soft and moist it is. I don’t think I need to even mention the added bonus of a sweetened cream cheese swirl in the middle. This lovely addition pretty much speaks for itself.
Since I’m a food blogger and make ten thousand recipes a month (well, at least it feels like ten thousand), I tend to forget the ones we really truly enjoy. I knew there had to be a reason why it was on the blog so many years ago!
This kind of recipe only comes around once in a lifetime and I am so glad it just so happened to pop into ours!
Hubby and the kids want me to place this on our fall menu permanently, so that is what I shall do!
For more delicious pumpkin recipes, check out the pumpkin section on the site!
For the pumpkin mixture:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree'
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
For the cream cheese filling:
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9 inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, miix together the pumpkin, 1 egg, 1/3 cup of water, and the melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and flour. Beat together until well combined and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 egg until well combined and smooth.
- Place 2 cups of the pumpkin mixture on the bottom of each loaf pan, making sure to spread it around so it will completely coat the bottom of each pan.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture on the top of each pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the remaining pumpkin mixture into each pan, on top of the cream cheese.
- Top each pan with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Take a butter knife and swirl the cream cheese and pumpkin mixture around, making a marbling pattern.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cream cheese is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle of each loaf comes out clean.