A creamy, dreamy casserole that uses left over ham, turkey, or chicken from your holiday dinner. It’s a great way of turning one main course into a completely different dish.
I stumbled upon this dish on the internet years ago. We were so tired of having turkey sandwiches and wanted something different to make. This casserole definitely hit the spot and it has been in our family for the last 5 years. It calls for nutmeg which is something that normally isn’t called for in a casserole. However, I think it adds a woodsy touch to it.
In these pictures I used ham, however, you can also substitute chicken in place of the turkey. Ham, turkey, chicken, even duck…it will all come out tasting scrumptious. The Italian Seasoned Panko crumbs is an added flair to this comforting dish. It’s a creamy, dreamy casserole that is actually fitting for the chilly weather that knocks on our door during this time of year. Place this recipe on your ‘holiday left overs’ file and make it this week! You’ll be glad you did!
- 2 cups uncooked pasta any shape
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 10 and 3/4 ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups cooked and shredded turkey or chicken
- 4 ounces chopped pimentos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Panko Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook and drain noodles, following package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add celery, green pepper, and onion. Cook until tender.
- Blend in soup, milk, and shredded cheese. Cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Combine cheese mixture with noodles, pimiento, turkey, salt, and nutmeg.
- Transfer all of the above to a buttered 3-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle Panko crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!