This blog is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Read my full disclosure.
I’m starting something new here on the blog….Slow Cooker Mondays, where every other Monday I will share a favorite Slow Cooker/Crockpot Recipe with y’all.
Let’s get started with our first recipe, Italian Beef Sandwiches……
Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am NOT a red meat gal. The only red meat you will ever see me eat is hamburger meat. I can’t tell you the difference between a rump roast, a chuck roast, and a butt roast. Since I’m not a red meat person, looking for the cut of meat for this recipe was an embarrassing situation.
I remember going up to the butcher at our local Commissary and asking him if he could show me what it was I needed to purchase. The whole time I’m explaining the recipe to him, he’s giving me a look like, ‘is this lady serious?’ Looks aside though, he ended up pointing me in the right direction and I came home with a nice, juicy cut of chuck roast just for this recipe.
Normally I do tutorials on the blog, however, this recipe literally does not need a tutorial. Seriously. It doesn’t. You just place the meat in the slow cooker, combine all the other ingredients in a medium bowl, stir the heck out of it all, pour it over the meat, turn the slow cooker on, and let it cook the whole day.
That’s it. Yes. It literally is that easy! Try it and see for yourself. You can thank me later 😉
Italian Beef Sandwiches
(makes 7 sandwiches)
1 (2-3 lb.) chuck roast
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans beef broth
1 tbsp. of Italian Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Half of a medium onion, chopped (optional)
1 loaf of french bread
1 package of sliced Smoked Provolone Cheese
1. Take roast out of the package and wash it down with water. Pat dry and place in the slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, beef broth, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper, and chopped onion. Stir until well combined.
3. Pour the contents over the meat in the slow cooker.
4. Cook on slow for 7-8 hours. When done, shred beef and return to slow cooker.
5. Cut french bread into big enough slices to make a sandwich.
6. Place a slice of cheese on each side of the bread.
7. Broil bread in oven for a few minutes until nice and toasty.
8. Place slices of meat inside bread when done.
**Libby’s Notes: Use the liquid from the crockpot as a dipping sauce for the sandwiches. You can also use condiments such as mayo and horse radish to spread inside the sandwich.**
Recipe Source: www.crockingirls.com