Made with Russian dressing and apricot preserves, this recipe for Russian Apricot Chicken resembles Asian dishes such as Orange Asian Chicken. It’s also made in your slow cooker so you can just set it and forget it!
If you are:
- On a tight budget and tired of making meals such as Hamburger Helper for dinner, then this recipe is for you!
- A busy parent who is tired of going through the drive thru after every cheerleading or basketball practice, then this recipe is for you!
- Just starting out in the cooking/culinary world and looking for an easy dish to “wow” your family, then this recipe is for you!
I can’t help you with all of the above, however, I can help you when it comes to making this quick and easy dinner! It literally takes only 15 minutes for prep time and cooks all day in your slow cooker! Awesome right?!
Would you like to know how to make it??
When I first made this dish, I was brand new bride without a penny to her name! The hubby and I were literally living off of Ramen noodles and dried beans. You know how it is when you’re young!
I remember thinking to myself as I stirred hamburger meat for the hundredth time, “there has to be more to cook then just this stuff!” Even though those days are far behind us, I will always remember the meals that we made during that time. This recipe is one of them!
It’s the perfect meal to make if you are don’t have all the time in the world to stand near a stove all day. It’s also wonderful for those who are on a budget, as it only requires 4 ingredients!
If you are new to the art of cooking and looking for a recipe that is not only simple, but also will be a SUPER hit with your family? Then you MUST try making this!
When I came across this recipe so many years ago, my experience with cooking consisted of frozen foods and basically the grocery store aisle of boxed dinners. If I can make this recipe with little effort, you can too!
These pair well with our recipe for Lemon and Olive Oil Green Beans!
Appliances & Gadgets Used for This Recipe:
- 1/2 cup peach apricot preserves
- 16 oz. bottle of Russian salad dressing
- 4 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- Place chicken breasts inside slow cooker.
- In a bowl, place the half cup of peach apricot preserves with the entire bottle of Russian salad dressing. Stir together until well mixed and smooth.
- Stir in the chopped onions. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve over a pile of white rice, with a side of green beans.
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch's 5-Ingredient Dishes in Minutes Magazine More Notes:
If you can't find Russian dressing, you can use Catalina or Italian dressing in it's place. You can also use Peach Apricot Preserves as a substitute for Apricot Preserves.