Cook up a dish of these Chicken-n-Dumplings in the same time it takes you to go to work. This recipe is super easy to produce and takes minimal time.
When I think of home cooking, the first dish that comes to my mind is chicken-n-dumplings.
Home cooking=a good pot of steaming and hot chicken and dumplings.
There is also nothing better then coming inside from a cold, wintry day and enjoying a wonderful bowl of this heavenly goodness. I like to make this dish when it’s rainy outside. It gives us a little bit of comfort when the rest of the outside world is in a gloomy state.
This is such an awesome recipe to make when you are pressed for time and need a family pleasing meal.
3 out of our 4 family members LOVE this recipe. It only lasts 2 days in our fridge before it completely disappears.
The ease of this recipe is what drew me to it. Just dump all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, fill with water, then cook on high for 4 hours.
The dumplings do take a tiny bit of time to make, however, they are so well worth it! They are super easy which is why I say this is the best chicken-n-dumplings to make if you have a busy lifestyle.
- 5 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Season All
- 20 ounce cans of cream of chicken with herbs soup (equivalent to two 10 and 1/4 oz. cans)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 to 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cups sweat peas (frozen)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 and 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Place chicken inside slow cooker insert. Take the Season All and rub it into each breast.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the 2 cans of Cream of Chicken, diced onion, diced celery, and diced carrots. Mix well and place on top of the chicken.
- Cut the butter into pieces and place them on top.
- Add enough water to the insert to cover the chicken and soup.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Start making the dumplings when the 4 hours is up.
To Make the Dumplings
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sage, thyme, and both the 1 cup of milk and 2 tbsp. of milk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir well until smooth. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, shred the chicken inside the slow cooker. Add the 2 cups of frozen peas.
- Spoon enough dough into a regular spoon to fill it up. Drop by spoonfuls into the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to high again and continue to cook for another hour.