These Lemon and Olive Oil Green Beans make the perfect accompaniment to a variety of main dishes. The combination of lemon and olive oil really make the beans pop with flavor!
Since it’s summer I figured I would start posting recipes that are on the “lighter” side of life. These green beans are da bomb-diggity, as Husband Man would say. Up until recently, we only made our beans with butter and a tad bit of salt to taste. This recipe has us abandoning our old way and using this as our new way.
These will make the perfect compliment to any meal this summer! The olive oil/butter and Italian seasoning keep it savory,
while the lemon juice keeps it sweet & tangy.
Savory, sweet, and tangy…all in one bite?? Ya just can’t beat that!
Serves: 4 to 6 people
Calories Per Serving: 111
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and washed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
- In a pan, melt the butter on medium high heat.
- Place the green beans inside.
- Top with olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and zest.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cook beans until they start to shrink and have crisp texture to them.
Recipe Source: Adopted from Taste of Home Magazine: June/July 2010 Edition