Yogurt and fruit. What a lovely combination if I do say so myself. I have never been much of a yogurt fan until I started hearing about the major health benefits it has on our immune systems. Did you know that yogurt is very good at preventing bacteria infections? Did you also know that it is also a great way to regulate your digestive track thanks to a little thing called “probiotics?” These healthy helpers are the ‘good bacteria’ our systems need to help stave off all those nasty infections that us women may be prone to having.
My children love yogurt. If I let them, they would probably eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I do allow at least two or three yogurts a week during their snack time. They are filled with healthy nutrients, which is what I love. The kids love them because of their fruity and sweet flavors.
In this family, we are always looking for ways to amp up the ingredients that we use on a daily basis. Enter this lovely little recipe. I am so glad I came across it many years ago. Everyone in this family LOVES this treat because it reminds them of a colorful strawberry ice cream sundae.
The layers of this sweet snack are pretty simple to explain. The bottom layer is made with a yummy concoction of sliced strawberries dipped in apricot preserves. The middle and top layers consist of a fruity flavored peach yogurt which is topped with crushed pieces of pecan granola. It literally does not become sweeter then this!
If you love yogurt and fruit, make these this instant. Your kids AND your body will thank you for it!
- 5 medium sized strawberries sliced (equates to 1/2 )
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup crushed up pecan crunch granola bar
- 1 cup peach yogurt
- Place the apricot preserves in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until it starts to bubble up.
- Mix the warm preserves with the sliced strawberries and stir until well combined.
- In a glass bowl or parfait cup, place 1/4 cup of the strawberries inside.
- Top with 1/2 cup of the peach yogurt.
- Place 1/8 cup of the crushed granola over the yogurt.
- Repeat this process one more time, ending with the granola.
- Serve immediately.
Make the crushed granola up to two days before. Store in an air tight container until ready to use. More Recipe Tips:
Not a fan of peach yogurt or strawberries? You can use any type of fruit you desire with any flavor of yogurt you desire.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!