These Halloween Spider Cookies can be made with almost any chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are easily produced and taste great!
These Halloween Spider Cookies can be made with almost any chocolate chip cookie recipe.
They are so easy to produce, they take making Halloween cookies to another level!
The picture above shows my imperfections when it comes to baking. Pinterest doesn’t mention how hard it is to pipe little chocolate spider legs onto heaping mounds of chocolate chip cookies.
In any event, Halloween will be here in a couple of weeks and while searching the net for quick and easy recipes to make, I came across this idea.
I thought it was brilliant and figured out that it probably would work with any chocolate chip cookie recipe known to man, even the premade kind at your local grocery store.
Making your Halloween spider Cookies won’t take long at all.
Make and bake the cookies as directed in the recipe then “pick out” certain spots where you would like to make the spiders. Place another chocolate chip where you would like the spiders to appear (while the cookies are still warm), pipe the legs with more melted chocolate chips, and voila!
You have a creative batch of Halloween spider cookies ready to serve up! I can’t honestly think of a dessert that’s sweet to eat, but at the same time creepy as well! Kind of weird using those two words in the same sentence. Make your Halloween tasty with these cookies!
- 24 baked chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- Once the cookies come out of the oven, take 1 cup of chocolate chips and strategically place separate them onto the places on the cookie where you would like to make the spiders (it's ok to place a chocolate chip on top of another one).
- Place the remainder of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir chocolate chips until they are all melted.
- Place melted chocolate chips in a quarter sized ziplock bag, making sure all of the chocolate accumulates to the bottom corner of the bag.
- Cut a small tip where the chocolate is accumulating.
- Lightly pipe the spider legs next to the chips that you strategically placed on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 4 days.