This easy, one-bowl recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cake is made with pumpkin puree’, a spiced cake mix, and frosted with cream cheese and pecans.
Pumpkin spice desserts are HUGE during the fall season! This recipe is a testimony to that statement!
Made with real pumpkin puree’, a spice cake mix, and a frosted topping with cream cheese and pecans, this easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cake will be the hit of your next holiday dinner!
Seven years ago, this pumpkin cake recipe blessed our computers on this site. I decided to dust it off and remake it for all of you.
I made this for Husband Man’s co-workers a few years back and they really enjoyed it. He came home with an empty cake taker. Normally when this happens, it’s a good thing.
In my opinion, it means that the recipe is good enough to make for family, friends, and co-workers.
Truth is, this originally started out as a Weight Watchers Pumpkin Cake, however, I took the liberty in adding a few more ingredients to it.
Dare I say, it may actually beat this pumpkin cream cheese bread on the site!
Prep time is also less messy due to the fact that it literally only uses one bowl to mix everything in. Anything that is going to make my life easier in the kitchen definitely gets my vote!
All the characteristics of fall are in this recipe! The pumpkin, the spices, and the pecans for example. The cake is topped off with a light coating of cream cheese frosting, pecans, and ground cinnamon.
These would probably do well as pumpkin spice cupcakes too, although I have yet to try this out.
If you have to make one dessert this fall season, let it be this one! I can’t think of a more perfect way to round out your holiday dinner!
For the cake:
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup regular granulated sugar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cake together in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Place mix into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes of using a 9×13 pan.
- Cool and make the frosting.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the frosting together in a bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Frost the cooled cake.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.