These Caramel Apple Mini-Pops are made with a caramel ganache and resemble the original caramel apple, minus all of the mess.
Made with a caramel ganache, this recipe for Caramel Apple Mini-Pops are just like the original caramel apple, minus all of the mess.
From drizzling the caramel to picking out their own toppings, kids of all ages will enjoy making this delicious snack!
Fall is right around the corner. Pretty soon all of our newsfeeds will be bombarded with pumpkin and apple recipes, if they haven’t been already. Before this happens, I figured I’d share this neat idea with y’all.
I came across this during the time I was a culinary teacher.
I found this idea over at the blog, My Frugal Adventures, and I thought it was the coolest thing!
There isn’t any method to this recipe, except when producing the caramel ganache. Even making that, however, is pretty darn simple.
We all know that making real caramel apples can be pretty chaotic, leaving you with a sticky mess to clean up.
This is the perfect treat to make if you are looking for an easier, less messy alternative to the traditional caramel apple. It also makes a wonderful after school snack or after dinner dessert!
Just slice some apples, place a lollipop stick into each piece, make your caramel, drizzle the caramel onto the slices, then garnish with your favorite toppings. It is all super easy!
Crushed pecans, mini marshmallows, M & M’s, and chocolate chips are just a few examples of the variety of toppings that can be used. The sky is the limit!
The children in my cooking classes LOVED this recipe, mainly due to the fact that they were responsible for rolling and decorating their own ‘pops.’
We are making it a point to make these in our house every year during fall and you should too!
- 1 big apple (We used red delicious)
- 14 pieces caramel candy
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of each topping (crushed pecans, crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, etc...)
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 10 lollipop sticks
- Slice the apple into medium sized wedges and sprinkle the lemon juice onto each piece to prevent browning.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the 14 pieces of caramel candy and the 3 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream inside. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until the caramel fully melts and looks thick and smooth.
- Place a lollipop stick into each apple piece and drizzle the caramel on top.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice.