My poor heart couldn’t take another slap of rejection so I hung my vocal dreams up to dry and focused on being a ‘normal’ person again. I finished college and became hitched to a military man. Now…it’s just me, my hubby, my two kids, my dog…and this little blog 🙂
I still sing…and it’s mostly when I’m making recipes for this blog. I crank up the radio and cook, cook, cook. My talent has been passed down to my daughter. Every time I hear her sing songs that she’s been exposed to it makes my heart swell with joy.
Life is funny like that….isn’t it? Guess you can say in this family…we really do sing for our supper.
This fruit recipe is perfect for the summer and will have your taste buds singing a sweet song!
- 4 cups of sliced strawberries
- 2 mangos chopped
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 to 2 tbsp. dried mint leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine strawberries, mango. and blueberries. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange marmalade, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Add this to the strawberry mixture, making sure everything is well combined.
- Add in the mint leaves. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.