Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or other flavoring of choice
- 3.4 oz. pkg. of INSTANT vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract or other flavoring of choice
Ingredients for the rest of the dessert:
- 8 oz. sheet of frozen puff pastry (this is the half of a 17 oz. package)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or other fruit of choice
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Place a mixing bowl and whisk into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Take the one sheet of frozen puff pastry out of the box and place on a plate to defrost for 40 minutes. I just left it on the counter.
- Place heavy cream and powdered sugar into the chilled mixing bowl and mix on high for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract (or other flavorinand beat an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until stiff peaks have formed. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture and store the rest in the fridge for other uses.
- In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, and 1 tsp. of almond extract (or other flavoring).
- Fold in the 1 cup of whipped topping and blend until well mixed. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open the thawed sheet of pastry and cut along the folds with a knife or pizza cutter to make three equal strips. Halve each strip to make six rectangles.
- On a baking sheet, space the rectangles apart. Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes or until well browned. Remove and cool.
- Once cooled, take a pastry rectangle and carefully slice it in half horizontally. Cover bottom half with the pudding mixture and then top with sliced strawberries (or fruit of choice). Cover the pastry with the top part and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Keep repeating if wanting a double dessert.