With under six ingredients, you can whip up this Quick and Easy Cheese Ball Dip in less then 15 minutes, no matter the occasion!
This Quick and Easy Cheese Ball Dip is one of those recipes that has been in our family for ages it seems.
It originated at one of the agencies I used to work at wayyyy back in my social work days.
Yes, there was a time in my life where I thought I was going to change the world. Silly me! What was I thinking? I will save that story for another post though 🙂
I was a young 22 year old at the time, fresh out of college and had absolutely no cooking skills what so ever (unless you counted boxed meals).
Every time we had an agency get-together, I sign up for ‘a dozen sugar cookies’ or ‘napkins and plates’ down beside my name. Then, I would swing by the grocery store to purchase said sugar cookies.
She bestowed this recipe onto me and told me that I needed to make this at every pot luck from then on out. In her words, “you cannot mess this recipe up. It is simple and only has five ingredients.”
I think I did her recipe justice because I made it again and again at every gathering.
When I left that job to start my new life as a military wife, I took this cheese ball dip recipe with me. It has been in our family since then.
My brother LOVES this appetizer and every time we see each other during family vacations and visits, he always requests it.
Only five ingredients are needed to make this cheese ball dip!
Yes! You heard me correctly….only 5 ingredients! It’s so crazy simple to make that even your children can put it together. Just place all the ingredients in a bowl, mix it together, form a ball, then place the ball in the refrigerator to chill.
The total time to produce it is less then 15 minutes with no cooking involved 🙂 You are welcome 🙂
Want more appetizer and dip recipes? Then check out the appetizer category on this site!
- 8 ounce package of full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounce package of Carl Buddig Beef, chopped
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 8 ounce tub of sour cream
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (chopped and optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients except for pecans. Stir until all of it is very well combined.
- Shape the mixture into a ball with your hands. Press the chopped pecans on the outside of the ball if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with crackers or vegetables.