This Easy Chocolate Sin Dessert is made up of three key ingredients, all of which make it worthy of it’s title. This is a great dessert to make for a get together or party, as it feeds plenty.
This Chocolate Sin Dessert definitely lives up to it’s name. At first glance, it doesn’t look like much. However, it’s the layers of heavenly goodness that make it ‘sinful.’
We first discovered this recipe during my son’s second birthday thanks to my mother-in-law. He’s now eight years old so it has been in our family for quite a while. Once you read about the layers, you’ll see why it’s been in our collection for years!
Six years ago, I remember receiving requests from party attendees for this recipe. It actually was published inside a cookbook that my wonderful mother-in-law gifted me the weekend of the party. I was thankful and grateful for both the cookbook and this recipe!
What Makes This Chocolate Dessert Sinful?
I’m about to tell you what makes this chocolate dessert sinful. Are you ready? It’s all about the layers! The layers of this dessert are what makes it way to good to be true.
- The base is made with crushed pecans, butter, and flour.
- Cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped cream make up the second layer.
- Chocolate pudding with a mixture of fresh strawberries make up the third layer.
- As if this isn’t enough, it’s all topped off with an extra serving of whipped cream.
That, my friends, is why this dessert is so sinful!
The method for putting this recipe together is simple as well! You just bake the bottom layer, let it cool, then proceed to make the rest of the ingredients for the other layers. Assemble as directed then let it chill in the fridge.
Who knew combining chocolate with other layers of goodness would taste so good??
I certainly wasn’t able to predict it! Don’t be afraid to change up the flavors as well. Vanilla, banana cream, and even cheesecake flavors would work well with this dessert. Try this recipe out soon and prepare for your friends to ask for the recipe. It will happen. Promise 🙂
For The Crust:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Chocolate “Sin Filling:
- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- 8 ounce package of full fat cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 3.9 oz. boxes of chocolate pudding INSTANT mix
- 1-2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish or pan.
- Mix 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of chopped pecans, and 1/2 cup of melted butter in a small bowl. Press into a 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until it starts to brown.
To make the first layer….
- Mix half of the cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread over crust.
To make the second layer….
- Mix pudding according to directions on box. Layer it on top of the cool whip layer…with the strawberries on the top.
To make the third layer….
- Top with the remaining cool whip and remaining pecans.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.