These bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles only have 6 ingredients and are the perfect appetizers to make for any occasion! Your guests will ask for seconds!
The year was 2009, March 2009 to be exact. It was the day that our son, Eli, turned one.
The presents were ready to be opened and the house was as clean as a whistle. We had been planning this day for what seemed like forever.
Memories came rushing through my mind as I stared at the picture sitting on our coffee table. It was a picture of Eli and I when he was only a week old.
I’m holding him in my arms after one of his feedings, his soft, baby-blue eyes staring up at me with content. I could not believe my boy was going to be a year old. Where had the time gone??
They always say that a child’s first birthday is more for the parents. This statement couldn’t be more true. As the party started, we reminisced on our son’s first year and how it was a miracle that we actually survived 12 months raising an infant and a toddler simultaneously.
Between Husband Man’s grueling work schedule and us not being close to my family proximity-wise, it sure wasn’t any easy thing to do, but somehow, we pulled it off.
Husband Man’s family were among the guests at the party. They decided to drive up to celebrate with us, making the long 7 hour drive from Southern Mississippi to where we lived in Shreveport, Louisiana.
My in-laws and I have a few things in common, two of them being cooking and sharing recipes. It’s a common thing for my mother-in-law to visit with a cookbook in her hand, waiting to share a yummy recipe or two with us.
Shortly after their arrival, they told hubby and I that we “had to try” these Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus.
Of course, I was an overwhelmed mommy at the time and any help with preparing food for the day was greatly appreciated. When they offered to make this dish, I definitely did not object.
I’ve never been an asparagus fan until I tried these scrumptious wraps. They have totally changed my tune about it! I think it goes without saying that by the time Eli’s party was over, we found the tray that held these wraps completely empty.
I’m a firm believer that anything wrapped in bacon is delicious! These bacon-wrapped asparagus bundles are no exception!
When something like that happens, you know you have a winning recipe…and this one is definitely a winner! Not only did we celebrate our son’s first birthday that day, we also celebrated the birth of this recipe in our household 😉
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan really well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Take a bacon strip and wrap it around 3 asparagus stalks. Place each bacon-asparagus bundle and place them on the cookie sheet, 1/2 inch apart.
- On each bundle, brush the top and bottom tips with olive oil.
- Spoon approximately 1 Tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce over each bundle, making sure to get under the bacon.
- Brush the top and bottom tips with the melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Bundles are done when bacon is dark brown and the sauce caramelizes. Serve hot.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!