This recipe for Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is super quick and easy to make! It’s also versatile. You can use any breakfast meat or vegetable to fill it!
This recipe for Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is super quick and easy to make! It’s our favorite dish to make during the holidays due to it’s simplicity. It’s also very versatile. You can add any kind of meat you want. Don’t like meat? Add veggies of your choice. With this recipe, anything goes!
If you have been readers of this blog over the years, then you know that my quest to find the perfect go-to recipes for everything is always ongoing. I can finally call off the search for an almighty breakfast casserole recipe because we have found it!
It’s crazy easy…..
….and easy is what we like around here…..
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 6-8 slices of cooked crumbled bacon (or turkey bacon or 6 cooked sausage links, chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 fl. oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. season salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square casserole dish.
- Layer half of the hash browns, half of the bacon/sausage, half of the onion, and half of the cheese in the dish. Repeat layers.
- In a medium bowl, combine evaporated milk, egg, and seasoned salt. Pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes.