I came across it a few months ago while I was going through a folder full of old recipes I had collected. I was tickled pink when it appeared in front of me.
The funny thing is, I had always thought that making crepes was a complicated process, so I stayed away. When her recipe appeared in front of me, I decided to test it out. If I knew making crepes was such an easy task, I would have been making these a long time ago. My mother is a genius!
I always ate mine with just butter and syrup growing up.
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Heat a 10 inch skillet on medium low heat….sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and whisk until well mixed.
- Add the flour, vegetable oil, and salt. Whisk until well mixed, making sure there are no lumps in the batter. The batter will be thin. There will also be little lumps in it, but do not worry about it.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the heated skillet.
- Very quickly, pick the skillet up and move it around to make sure the batter is covering the whole surface of the skillet.
- Flip over when the edges start becoming light brown and bubbly.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!