Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, in a few more weeks to be exact.
Cupid hit my family’s heart, as well as mine, with these chocolate-y treats. Y’all are not going to believe how easy these were to make. Really. You’re not. You also aren’t going to believe how many ingredients it took to make them.
I know, I know….at first glance, they don’t look that appealing.
I mean, just look at them…..
….part of their appearance is my fault.
After I stirred up all the ingredients, I just plopped them onto the cookie sheet like it was no one’s business. I suppose I could have just spread them evenly across the sheet, then cut them into little squares once they cooled, but that’s not how I roll sometimes.
The above picture is pretty accurate. It’s what it would look like if you did cut into them and squished the chocolate around a bit before you ate it. Y’all know I’m all about keeping it real in the kitchen. And, well. This is real.
Whether they are cut into mini-scale squares or not, the taste is still the same…..
The melting of the chocolate can also be done on the stove top. However, I just liked the idea of doing it in my slow cooker. Every time I melt chocolate on the stove top, it never works and always comes out lumpy. Using the slow cooker, however, made it much easier. And that is what I like!
Make them for your special Valentine soon 🙂
A bag and a half of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Half a bag of mini-marshmallows
Half a bag of chopped walnuts
Chocolate syrup for garnish (optional)
1. Line the bottom of your slow cooker with parchment paper or use a liner.
2. Take the bag of chocolate chips and pour them into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
3. Stir chocolate chips around and cook for 30 more minutes. Stir until all the chips are melted.
4. Stir in the marshmallows and walnuts.
5. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. OR spread the chocolate around on the cookie sheet until it’s nice and even.
6. Top with more marshmallows. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Chill until ready to serve.