Made with pumpkin, fresh orange juice, cream cheese, and fall scented spices, these Pumpkin-Orange Dessert Rolls will make your holiday meal special!
This post is sponsored by one of our favorite grocery stores, Albertsons and one of our favorite food brands, Pillsbury™. I used Pillsbury’s Butter Flake Crescent Rolls, purchased at my local Albertsons, to produce this awesome dessert. Make holidays more memorable with Pillsbury products purchased at your local Albertsons store-open the can and unleash your creativity!
I hope everyone isn’t pumpkined-out yet this year. Confession-I haven’t made as many pumpkin recipes as I’ve wanted to these last few months. Imagine that!
With everything that has been going on lately, (getting into that is a whole other blog post that I will save for a rainy day) I just haven’t had the time to fill my days with pumpkin culinary activity.
Purchasing cute little pumpkins at the store for decorations, I have completed.
Waiting in the drive-thru line at our local coffee shop to have a chance to hold that beloved tall cup of PSL (Pumpkin Spiced Latte’ for all the readers who are scratching their heads)…I’ve accomplished.
Flipping through countless culinary magazines and Pinterest pins filled with pumpkin recipes…I’ve done.
Actually putting my apron on and getting in the kitchen to make pumpkin inspired dishes….I have yet to achieve.
I took a walk on the wild side with this recipe.
I know, I know. It’s soooo not like me!
I’ve always been the one to follow a recipe to the “T.” However, I wanted to see what I could come up with on my own if I had a can of packed pumpkin puree’ staring me in the face.
Call it a challenge of sorts if you will. I wasn’t in the mood to make a savory dish, nor was I not in the mood to make the normal, run of the mill pumpkin/cinnamon spiced dessert. A different combination of ingredients kept nagging at me.
Then, it happened. I figured I’d explore the fruity side of the culinary rainbow. Before I could even blink, I had oranges AND pumpkin in my hands!
Add on this wonderfully blessed opportunity to use any Pillsbury product that I wanted…and well, you basically have the formula to how this recipe was conceived.
This recipe for Pumpkin-Orange Dessert Rolls combines the heartiness of pumpkin with the spiciness of fall, and is topped off with a tangy citrus flavor. Adding cream cheese into the mixture gives the filling a cream-like texture while baking.
The aroma of the crescent rolls mixed with the scent of pumpkin and citrus makes your house smell dee-vine!
Of course, none of this would have been possible if it weren’t for Albertsons and Pillsbury! Let me tell you, BOTH of these companies sure know what they are doing!
I’ve been a FAN of Pillsbury for years. Their products are a busy mamas best friend! When this blog started back in 2009, I even made a round-up recipe post on ideas using their crescent rolls and biscuits.
And Albertsons? If you have ever stepped foot inside one, then you would know why my family and I LOVE that store! If I’m not doing my weekly grocery shopping at our local military commissary, I’m doing it at Albertsons! And that’s the truth!
Make these Pumpkin-Orange Dessert Rolls for your family this holiday season…and watch them disappear!
- 16 ounces Pillsbury's Butter Flake Crescent Rolls (equivalent to 2 eight ounce tubes)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 6 teaspoons fresh orange juice (divided)
- 1/2 cup puree'd pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg yolk, pumpkin pie spice, granulated sugar. cream cheese, 2 teaspoons of fresh orange juice, and the pumpkin puree'.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flatten each crescent roll.
- Place 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin filling onto each one.
- Roll each piece of dough and shape into crescents.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes, or until light brown.
- While the rolls are cooling, make the glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, 4 teaspoons of orange juice, powdered sugar, and melted butter.
- With a small spoon, drizzle the glaze over each of the rolls.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!