Did you make a New Year’s Resolution to eat healthier and lose weight? I didn’t either. Past experience has taught me not to make resolutions, but instead to make goals. Which really, if you think about it, are one in the same.
Every year I make the same promise to myself…that I’m going to drop the pounds and come down to the size I was 20 years ago, before the husband and kids came along. Luckily, this Twenty-Four Hour Salad is just the dish I need for my new found goals this month!
Twenty-Four Hour Salad
If not, there’s always next year. At least that’s what I’m telling myself 😉 Luckily this Twenty-Four Hour Salad will help with things….I think. It contains mayonnaise in it, which I hear is a big fat no-no while trying to lose weight.
Oh well is what I will have to say to that. This is what portion control and lots of water is for….right ladies? At least it has veggies in it…which is a big fat yes in the weight loss department. Or so I’ve been told.
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- In a large bowl or casserole dish, layer lettuce, celery, bell pepper, onions, peas, olives, mayonnaise, sugar, and cheese. Sprinkle bacon bits over the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.