I just stared at that mess of a recipe and asked myself: How come they never looked like that when mom would make them? I was determined to remake them so I sent Husband Man out to the store to purchase more ingredients….bless his southern heart. Hers called for placing a whole wafer at the bottom of the cupcake liner, which normally would be an easy thing to do but I couldn’t help but kick it up a notch.
Instead, I placed the wafers through the food processor and mixed them with some butter, cinnamon, and a little sugar.
(Gasp! She did what?!)
I also used two boxes of cream cheese instead of one like her recipe suggested and added 1/4 tsp. of lemon extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Process the vanilla wafers in a food processor until crumb-like.
- In a medium bowl, mix the crumbs with the pinches of cinnamon and sugar. Cut in the 1/4 cup of butter until it forms small crumbs again.
- Place 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of the wafer mix into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon extract, and eggs. Continue mixing until well blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture over the wafer crumbs in each liner.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into each treat comes out clean. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Top each treat with the pie filling.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!