- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped and diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. Season All
- 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, full fat and at room temperature
- 2 8 oz. packages of crescent seamless dough sheets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (not pictured and optional)
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, combine the chicken, carrots, peas, potatoes, and celery. Add just enough water to cover the top and bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter and saute' the onions (if desireuntil translucent.
- Turn the heat to low and whisk in the flour, salt, pepper, celery seed, and Season All. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Simmer until the liquid becomes thick.
- Add the vegetable-chicken mixture with the sauce. Add in the cream cheese and stir until well combined.
- Take your crescent sheet and roll it out on the surface on which you plan to bake. With a pizza cutter or knife, cut 1 inch slits across each side, making sure to leave at least 2-3 inches in the middle.
- Take half of your filling and spread it up and down the center. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
- Starting with the end closest to you, take the strips and place them over each other, like you are braiding them. Continue to do this with each strip until you reach the end.
- Seal any edges that you may see to prevent the filling from leaking out.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Enter Your Name and Email To Receive Your Free Planner!
Start following through with planning your meals! Download your copy today!