Ingredients for the ground beef filling:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 16 oz. bag of Old Fashioned Coleslaw
- 13 oz. package of Lumpia or Spring Roll wrappers)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
Ingredients for the banana cinnamon filling:
- 8 ripe bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups of already made cinnamon sugar
- 13 oz. package of Lumpia or Spring Roll wrappers
Directions for the ground beef rolls:
- In a medium sized skillet, ground beef until brown, adding the salt, garlic powder, onion salt, and black pepper as it browns. Drain beef if needed and place back in skillet.
- Add this 16 oz. bag of Old Fashioned Coleslaw.
- Cook on medium heat until cabbage is wilted and carrots are tender. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. Follow directions below on how to roll.
Directions for the Banana Cinnamon Filling:
- Cut bananas in half length wise, then cut again down the middle. This will give you 4 pieces per banana.
- Roll each piece of banana in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Use the banana as a filling for lumpia.
- Roll lumpia as directed below and fry.
Directions for the pumpkin pie filling:
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use as filling for lumpia. Roll lumpia as directed below and fry.
How to Roll Your Lumpia:
Our family typically uses this brand of lumpia wrappers, however, if you can’t find these, then any brand will suffice:
Before you start rolling, you need to prepare your work station. Place your meat mixture (or any other filling mixture) in a medium sized bowl, your wrappers should be taken out of the box and placed on a plate, and you should have a small bowl of lukewarm water by your side: